OT: Bezek via netvision

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 22:43:03 IST 2010

> Since you bought the phone after 1 January 2009, the new consumer protection
>  law should have been in effect. You may be able to sue them or get a new
> phone.
>
> The first thing to do is to contact the Orange company Ombudsman (a consumer
> advocate works for them). If you get nothing from them, go to your local
> iriyah if they have a consumer advocate, Jerusalem has one, I don't know
> about anywhere else.
>
> The next thing to do is to complain to ministry of techshoret.
>
> If they have violated the law, you can go to the police.
>
> I had so much trouble with Pelephpone, I had to threaten Roy Disney (who
> owned half of the company at the time) with a personal lawsuit. I expect
> that if I had not used my work email (I worked for a very large and visible
> US company at the time), it would have been ignored. They are all the same.
> The 2009 consumer protection law changed a lot of that, but if you were a
> customer before the law went into effect, they try to ignore the law as it
> old contracts were left standing.
>
> You may be able to force them out of it if the phone itself was newer.
>
> You can also look the CEO of orange in a business directory and send him a
> fax and or email complaining about their service. You can even send him a
> registered letter.

‎Thanks, Geoff. I looks like I should probably terminate my contract
with them as soon as I can and then either make a new one or go to a
different company. This would be in order to get the consumer
protection that started in 2009. Actually, there is no question: they
have lost me as a customer. My next contract will be with either Mirs,
Pelephone or Cellcom.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.