XWindows - how capture window ?

Ori Berger linux-il at orib.net
Sat Feb 20 23:53:17 IST 2010

Valery Reznic wrote:
> Do you have any ideas, how can I render this window off screen and capture it's content ?

You can probably run an Xvnc server (X server that sends updates out
through the vnc protocol, rather than actually updating screen). As far
as any software is concerned, this is a real screen, so you can run
anything on it. However, it does not need to be visible on any physical
display; Also, if the whole reason is to let this app work through the
network, then xvnc is a complete solution all by itself