SIP provider questions.

Ori Berger linux-il at orib.net
Sun Jan 3 13:30:08 IST 2010

geoffrey mendelson wrote:
> 1. There is a SIP (or IAX) provider selling Israeli DIDs? I need them
> to be in Israel and accept "Israel only" credit cards.
>     Cheap is more important than providing customer support, or good
> service.
didww.com; They are cheap ($3/month for an Israeli DID, flat -- some
providers charge per incoming minute). They don't always have Israeli
numbers on stock, though. Also, they are an Israeli company so they'll
probably be able to accommodate your payment.

> 2. Is there a pay-as-you go SIP (or IAX) provider that works with the
> Israeli system besides SKYPE?
grnvoip.com / ezcall is reasonable everywhere if you use their premium
routes (which is still cheap), and specifically in Israel their
"regular" routes are just as good and cheaper still (8c/minute mobile,
<1c/minute landline).
> I'm looking for something someone can set up and not have to worry
> about either a hacker (or a teenager) running up hundreds of shequels
> in calls to cell phones.
Prepay is the way to go for that. grnvoip will only accept calls coming
in from an IP you give them in advance (up to 3, IIRC). I've heard good
things about voipjet as well, but they stopped accepting individuals; if
you can do this from within your company, they would also be an option.

Not affiliated with either of these companies, but I have been using
their services for a year, and am very satisfied with their price, and
reasonably satisfied with the quality of their service.

See also:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-il@cs.huji.ac.il/msg53910.html> a
thread you already participated in; most of it is still up to date,
surprisingly.