Google Chrome vs. Firebox or good old Internet Explorer?

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Sat Jan 9 15:38:35 IST 2010

On Wednesday 23 Dec 2009 01:16:12 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > I should note that not only Ubuntu can do that, but that most
> > desktop-oriented distributions can as well. Linux is not (only) Ubuntu.
>
> I know that, but I tend to say "Ubuntu" instead of Linux because it is
> a more focused answer. It saves the potential user a whole lot of
> headaches in choosing a distro, as that is what I would recommend to
> new users if they ask me.

That's like giving an answer to "Who can fix my leaking tap?" as "My cousin,
Moshe" instead of "look for a plumber.". You're doing a dis-service for all
the other distributions out there and help the Ubuntu hegmony, hype and
oligarchy. You can say "most desktop-oriented Linux distributions can do that,
but I like and can recommend Ubuntu".

And whatever you do - don't ever, ever, ever, ever, reply to me in private, or
I'll just delete your message.

> I know that you dislike Ubuntu, Shlomi, but we will save that for
> another thread!

Yes, I do, because they outcast me. But they may be a fine distribution
technically. I have a theory that they are going to run out of money, and will
have to discontinue their distribution, leaving everyone in the cold.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Why I Love Perl - http://shlom.in/joy-of-perl

Bzr is slower than Subversion in combination with Sourceforge.
( By: http://dazjorz.com/ )