Looking for a cheap (and relatively reliable) .us/.ca-based SSH/rsync/PHP/Perl 5 web hosting

Hetz Ben Hamo hetzbh at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 17:05:43 IST 2010

Hi,

Well, as someone who works (part dime) in hostdime Israel, I know more about
the prices right now then previously.

All of your options that you wanted can be found on different hostings for
various prices.

However, you wanted "No virtual servers", which, if I understood correctly,
no OpenVZ, no Xen, no VMWare, which leaves only dedicated option, and the
minimum price for that in most of those companies starts at 70-80 USD (for
pentium 4 based machine, 512MB RAM, 40GB Disk). You can do whatever you want
with such as machine,

If you want to go cheaper, then the option is to go with VPS.

Thanks,
Hetz

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 4:38 PM, sammy ominsky <s at avoidant.org> wrote:

> On 26/01/2010, at 16:32, Shlomi Fish wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for a recommendation for a cheap (and relatively reliable)
> > SSH/rsync/PHP/Perl 5 web hosting that is hosted in the USA or Canada. I
> need
> > it as a backup hosting for my Israeli hosting, which I'm happy with. What
> > need is:
>
> I'm happy with dreamhost.  It has all the features you want, and if you
> prepay for a year it's only $10/month.
>
> --sambo

my blog (hebrew): http://benhamo.org
Skype: heunique