CentOS - libxml and libxslt missmatch

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Tue Jan 26 20:08:40 IST 2010

Hello,

First, apologies for misspelling CentOS.

I'm doing some work for a client who wants Icecast installed.  The closest
thing I could find was an official srpm on icecast.org, but I've hit a
problem.

I'm getting the following error when trying to build the rpm:

/usr/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference to `xmlXPathContextSetCache'

According to
http://icecast.imux.net/viewtopic.php?t=6802&sid=b654f97be93fc2aeb1874c9320f23214
this is caused by a missmatch between libxml (2.6.26) and libxslt
(1.1.17).

Anyone know how I can solve this without compiling from source?  I'dve
thought there'd have ben an upstream fix for this by now but don't now how
to check for it since I'm clearly not a CentOS expert.

Cheers,
Geoff.