SSH problem

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 06:19:50 IST 2010

2010/1/28 guy keren <choo at actcom.co.il>:

> someone suggested that you should disable gssapi - i second that. we had a
> similar problem with centos systems (thought it was more of connections
> taking long - not completely failing), and disabling the use of gssapi _in
> the client_ solved it.

I'll second this as well, except that apparently it must be disabled
on the server. The default ssh client config for ubuntu is to disable
GSSAPI authentication and on CentOS sshd is to enable it. Disabling it
on the server (as well as reverse DNS resolving) gets our connections
to new servers unstack. We just do it as part of our base puppet SOE
configuration today.

--Amos