I screwed up an NFS share

Shlomo Solomon shlomo.solomon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 15:46:00 IDT 2010

I don't know what I changed ,but my wife can only open her files read-only.
I recently upgraded her machine to Mandriva 2010.0 (and I don't remember any
change to mine, except for regular RPM updates).

The NFS share is defined in /etc/exports on shlomo1 as follows:
/public/share_all/ *(rw,async,all_squash)

Permissions seem OK. Here's an example of a file in /public/share_all/shoshana
-rwxr-xr-x  1 shoshana shoshana  168448 2009-01-05 07:09 test.doc*

On shoshana.solomon, the share is mounted (in /etc/fstab) as follows:
shlomo1.solomon:/public/share_all /home/shoshana/public nfs defaults,users 0 0

We can reach the files, but OpenOffice opens them as read-only.

Saving files works, but the files are saved as: nobody nogroup

--
Shlomo Solomon
http://the-solomons.net