I screwed up an NFS share

Shlomo Solomon shlomo.solomon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 17:16:00 IDT 2010

<shlomo.solomon at gmail.com>wrote:
> > On Friday 09 July 2010, shimi wrote:
> On a second thought, Another guess I could make: maybe previously you had
> some sort of NFS authentication in place. Has your wife been auth'd to the
> NFS server, she would not be anonymous and thus not be mapped to the
> anonymous user...

I obviously don't know which of your guesses is right, but I do see an
additional change. As I wrote, in my original post, new files were being saved
as: nobody nogroup and now they're saved as shoshana shoshana (which fits your
explanation of the all_squash root_squash change).
I looked at some old backups and noticed that files were rwxrwxrwx. So it's
possible that after the upgrade I changed something in the file creation mask,
which would explain why files were writable before.

Again - thanks

--
Shlomo Solomon
http://the-solomons.net