export MantisBT to Bugzilla, anyone?

Ira Abramov Lists-Linux-IL at ira.abramov.org
Mon Jul 12 16:25:48 IDT 2010

I have an old machine here, Debian Etch with Mantis 1.0.8. the problem
is that it's patched in a weird way so that the scheme's not upgradable
to 1.2.X, nor does Debian provide a path out of this mess with Lenny or
Squeeze. From the forums it seems everybody is aware of the problem but
nobody seems to do anything about it.

so my other option is to port it to Bugzilla, but there are no current
tools to do it, as much as I searched. m2bz died years ago, Bugzilla
offers an importer module if I feel like sitting down to write hooks for
Mantis, and the thid option is to write an XML exporter for Mantis
(didn't find one ready-made), then use XSLT to translate and import it
into the Bugzilla (while somehow maintaining my sanity).

since I seem to have given up on Google, and I din't feel there's a way
to do this on my own that would not be a cruel and unusual
self-punishment, I wonder if anyone has a script they once wrote tucked
somewhere?

Thanks,
Ira.

--