Playing TAU lectures from videos.tau.ac.il

Ariel Biener ariel at post.tau.ac.il
Thu Jul 22 14:57:43 IDT 2010

On 07/22/2010 09:06 AM, Boris shtrasman wrote:
> Don't know if that the case , but at least for some I had to work with
> you must login to a web site (full auth) prior to to that the server
> will disable the access to the files. Also make sure with wireshark.
>
> Did you try with a perl script ? to connect and download the mms ?

I do not understand this thread. It is obvious that TAU does not want
you to circumvent
it's access protection. Even if this was possible, why would you do it
?  If you're pissed
that it doesn't work well with Linux, and you are a TAU student/staff
member, contact
the TAU helpdesk, and open a ticket on the subject, and request they
find a suitable
solution for you.

That said, as TAUs CISO I am *telling* you that we are interested to see
our staff
and students access our protected data in the proper way, and that any
other person
is kept out.

Until we enforced this, many students sites not affiliated with TAU have
published direct mms:// links to our content, which became available to
anyone, anywhere,
regardless of being affiliated with TAU or not, and thus infringing on
our copyrights, on
our academic staff copyrights, and also on Film studios copyright for
some of our material.

  If a staff member or student has a problem, we can find solutions via
our internal means of
doing so, and not via asking Linux-IL how to circumvent us.

--Ariel