Playing TAU lectures from videos.tau.ac.il

Boris shtrasman borissh1983 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 08:46:49 IDT 2010

Hi areal,

Just for clarification,
I didn't intend in any way to help infringing your copyrights, rather to
help a person to use your system.

2010/7/22 Ariel Biener <ariel at post.tau.ac.il>

>  On 07/22/2010 09:06 AM, Boris shtrasman wrote:
>
>  Don't know if that the case , but at least for some I had to work with
> you must login to a web site (full auth) prior to to that the server will
> disable the access to the files. Also make sure with wireshark.
>
> Did you try with a perl script ? to connect and download the mms ?
>

> I do not understand this thread. It is obvious that TAU does not want you
> to circumvent
> it's access protection. Even if this was possible, why would you do it ?
> If you're pissed
> that it doesn't work well with Linux, and you are a TAU student/staff
> member, contact
> the TAU helpdesk, and open a ticket on the subject, and request they find a
> suitable
> solution for you.
>
> That said, as TAUs CISO I am *telling* you that we are interested to see
> our staff
> and students access our protected data in the proper way, and that any
> other person
> is kept out.
>
> The whole idea of using perl script is to do a proper authorization, for
the sake of this thread other "student content providers" (don't know the
correct term) use this approach (authorized access using ldap or other
mechanisms )  .

> Until we enforced this, many students sites not affiliated with TAU have
> published direct mms:// links to our content, which became available to
> anyone, anywhere,
> regardless of being affiliated with TAU or not, and thus infringing on our
> copyrights, on
> our academic staff copyrights, and also on Film studios copyright for some
> of our material.
>
>  If a staff member or student has a problem, we can find solutions via our
> internal means of
> doing so, and not via asking Linux-IL how to circumvent us.
>
> --Ariel

You arise an interesting point,
Would it be illegal for a TAU student to create other software that isn't IE
, hat would allow access to the portal ?
For instance a perl  based mechanism (I really love cpan :-) ) -
 that would allow him to access securely(*) to his content ?
For example an extension to mazrim that would authorize connection to the
content?

I'm asking this after I got a similar answer from one content provider.

P.s.

sorry for the grammer and spelling

--
 -- Boris Shtrasman ------------