sipme.me and Linux voip softphone

Tomer Cohen tomer at gmx.net
Tue Jun 1 13:47:01 IDT 2010

Hi,

I've signed-up an account on sipme.me voip provider. They are official
landline phone provider from the Ministry of Communication office, and
provide phone lines with the 078-555 prefix. They are providing a customized
soft-phone application for various platforms, including Windows and Symbian
and iPhone, but as I preferred to use it under Linux, I had to configure it
on SIP-complaint desktop application.

Configuring it on various applications (including Ekiga, QutePhone and
sflphone) was not an issue, and I can receive calls without any problem. As
for doing calls, it seems that the line is hanging-up right after handshake,
so my regular land-line phone is doing half ring and unable to get even the
caller id string from the caller. For mobile phones I was unable even to get
this.

After asking their support, they said that it is happening due to the usage
of a different SIP stack, and seems to refuse guiding me with relevant
information. Anyone succeed getting their service to work well under Linux?
Thanks.

--
Tomer Cohen
http://tomercohen.com