ADSL2+

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 22:15:50 IDT 2010

On Jun 3, 2010, at 9:46 PM, Meir Michanie wrote:

> Hi list,
> I have a linksys running wrt-54 and it is connected to the bezeq
> ADSL2+ aztech dsl-600e.
> Before the upgrade I was using alcatel dsl modem  configured as
> router. It worked fine without any disconnection.
> Since my upgrade to NGN 10Mb, I am experiencing disconnections. I
> called 166 and they told me that the line seems to be ok.
> I also got a D-Link 2650u from them . I still didn't open the d-link
> router.
> My experience so far with aztech is that when I configured as a
> router, the modem would create the internet connection but would
> freeze in a few minutes, the web interface to the modem once
> connected became unaccessible.
> What are your experience with the aztech modem? at what speed?
> Anyone using the d-link?
> How is all this linux related? Well, they told me to use the bezeq
> dialer, but fortunately I do not own a windows pc. wrt-54 is a linux
> firmware. :)
> They told me that the experience I had with the aztech modem could
> be that my particular modem is bad and I could replace it for
> another aztech.

I had similar problems until I purchased an EdiMax ar-7084 router from
Bug. it still continued to fail randomly until I replaced the
telephone line cord with the one that was in the box.

Now it works perfectly. However eventually the connection gets "stale"
and I have problems with Asterisk loosing connections. At that point
(usually about 4 days), I reboot the router and it's fine.

I had a problem with the web interface using FireFox (it worked fine
with Safari) and sent them a message via their support request on the
web site. The next day, I woke up to a reply from them that included a
pointer to a later version of the firmware that fixed the problem.

http://www.bug.co.il/result.asp?brand=0&ser=ar-7084&x=5&y=15

Note that this router connects directly to the aDSL line, it does not
use an aztech or other "modem".I have a 15m/800k NGN line. At peak
performance, I get 2.4 megabytes per second download. I connect to 012
using PPPoe, and the router supports other protocols if you need them.

Just for completeness the only thing connected to the line is an HP
J4580 fax/printer/scanner in another room. Connected to that is a DECT
phone base station.

Geoff.

--
geoffrey mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Jerusalem Israel geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge
or understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the
situation. i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found
in the Wikipedia.