problems with syslogd

Oron Peled oron at actcom.co.il
Thu Jun 10 08:54:07 IDT 2010

On Wednesday, 9 בJune 2010 15:14:44 Amit Aronovitch wrote:
> Recently I stopped getting any messages in /var/log/messages (and probably
> 1) /etc/syslogd.conf is debian's standard, seems to support
> /var/log/messages (as ever):
>
> *.=info;*.=notice;*.=warn;\
>     auth,authpriv.none;\
>     cron,daemon.none;\
>     mail,news.none        -/var/log/messages

Maybe the filename is separated from the selector by spaces instead
of tabs? It is important (at least in legacy syslogd), because
spaces are allow withing the selector expression.

--
Oron Peled                                 Voice: +972-4-8228492
oron at actcom.co.il                  http://users.actcom.co.il/~oron