OT: Bezek via netvision

shimi linux-il at shimi.net
Tue Mar 2 01:54:25 IST 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 12:36 AM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> > It's not dialing anything, just DHCP. I insist on this way of connection
> for
> > the last 5 years, and it works flawlessly. Dialer is only trouble for me.
> >

> Really? How did you convince them?
>
> You just plug the router into the modem and it gets an address? No
> username (usually something like user at 014) and password combo?

Is pretty much an almost-default nowdays with Bezeqint (isn't @014 for DSL
connections only?) when you connect with Hot.

If you don't have it, calling tech support and saying "I want MPLS/without
dialer" (you can say "my router has issues with the dialup server" in case
you  fall on a non-cooperative tech) - they call Hot, your cablemodem gets
restarted, and no more annoying disconnections due to a ridiculous,
redundant, tunnel...

-- Shimi