driver of poliview pt725a

Oron Peled oron at actcom.co.il
Wed Mar 3 00:05:43 IST 2010

On Tuesday, 2 בMarch 2010 15:51:02 sara fink wrote:
> I tried to install mandriva on a pc and tackled a problem with the video
> driver of the screen poliview pt725a . When I get to the login screen it
> asks user & password and then I get a screen that it doesn't support 3d
> desktop effects. I tried various drivers during the installation but
> couldn't find an appropiate one. Anyone has experience with this monitor?
> Which driver should be used?

1. I googled for this model and it looks like an LCD screen with normal VGA
   adapter. In this case, there's no special driver for the screen. You should
   check the VGA chipset (the output of lspci), and see if this chipset
   has a driver with 3D support.

2. My first (seemingly wrong) suspition, was that it's one of the new fangled
   screens that have *only* digital connector -- NEVER BUY THESE!

--
Oron Peled                                 Voice: +972-4-8228492
oron at actcom.co.il                  http://users.actcom.co.il/~oron