lvm problem

Shlomo Solomon shlomo.solomon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 18:33:10 IST 2010

Here's some more info about my problem:

I re-booted to get the entire error message:
"Is device-mapper driver missing from kernel?"
"failure to communicate with kernel device-mapper driver"

I then tried lvs and here's what I got:
[root at shlomo1 solomon]# lvs
File descriptor 7 (/proc/3358/status) leaked on lvs invocation. Parent PID
5063: bash
  /proc/misc: No entry for device-mapper found
  Is device-mapper driver missing from kernel?
  Failure to communicate with kernel device-mapper driver.
  LV   VG   Attr   LSize   Origin Snap%  Move Log Copy%  Convert
  gib  vg0  -wi--- 465.77G

So the lvm is there, but I can't mount it.

--
Shlomo Solomon
http://the-solomons.net