mouse problem in KDE

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Mon Mar 29 10:55:55 IDT 2010

Hi Shlomo!

On Monday 29 Mar 2010 09:17:05 Shlomo Solomon wrote:
> I don't know if this is a KDE or X problem and because my computer is
> reacting VERY strangely, I can't really GOOGLE for this, so I hope someone
> can help.
>

> I have a completely updated Mandriva 2010.0 box (KDE 4.3.5). For the past 2
> or 3 days, my mouse has started to act wierdly (I tried 3 different mice
> and several re-boots, so I don't think this is a hardware problem).
>
> Here are the symptoms, and they seem to appear at random - sometimes only
> one symptom and sometimes several all together:

1. Have you tried running a different window manager/desktop environment to
KDE? Can you see if you can reproduce this problematic behaviour in IceWM,
XFCE, LXDE and/or GNOME?

2. Does it happen in a brand-new UNIX user-account? (using adduser).

Please investigate these two leads and let us know.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

P.S: I've learnt these techniques from reporting bugs on
https://qa.mandriva.com/ , thanks to the people who triage and evaluate bugs
there.