Common problems with Ubuntu

Micha Feigin michf at post.tau.ac.il
Wed May 12 01:17:32 IDT 2010

On Tue, 11 May 2010 04:08:39 -0700
Elazar Leibovich <elazarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not at all!
> Google for "Microsoft SDL", it was not always the case, but nowadays they
> have excellent security awareness.
> For example, see evidence for the change here:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/david_leblanc/archive/2010/04/16/don-t-use-office-rc4-encryption-really-just-don-t-do-it.aspx

Lets start with the problem that Microsoft encourages all users to be set as
administrators by default. It's almost impossible to be a regular user usually
and just switch momentary to administrator for small administration tasks ...

Managing simple folder / file permissions is also a difficult task (doing
complex permissions is complex on unix as well though)