KDE Jewish/Israeli holiday files: the dev needs our help!

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed May 19 22:37:11 IDT 2010

>From the Korganizer dev:

> For 4.5 however things are changing.  The KDE holiday region files now support
> any KDE calendar system, including Hebrew, so I will be adding new separate
> files for the Israeli civil holidays and Jewish religious holidays in both
> English and Hebrew.  We can even have separate files for Orthodox and Western
> holidays if needed.  I need to get moving with those files, any help would be
> appreciated :-)

> basically we need to decide how many different files to split them
> into (Civil/Religious, Western/Israeli, English/Hebrew, etc) so users can
> choose exactly what they want to display, select which holidays go into each
> file, define what the rules are for each holiday, then make sure the library
> can cope with the rules.

So, first question: how many files are needed? I personally think that
a Jewish file (for religious holidays) and an Israeli file (for
national holidays) would be enough. As we are a small people, I would
even accept an argument that they should both be in a single file.
What say you?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il