How do you calculate?

Dov Grobgeld dov.grobgeld at gmail.com
Thu May 20 16:24:27 IDT 2010

Here are methods I've used during the years:

   - perldl in a shell
   - ipython in a shell
   - type in an arithmetic expression into google
   - Use (/ 199.0 2.0)[control u][control x][control e] in emacs
   - command line with "perl -e 'print 199/2,"\n"'
   - created several (because I forgot where I put the old one) readline
   print eval loops for perl
   - Used easycalc on my palm pilot
   - Written a script in /tmp that I continously edit and run

But I have never got around to using programs that look like a calculator in
a window on the screen.

Cheers,
Dov