How do you calculate?

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Thu May 20 16:34:45 IDT 2010

On Thu, 20 May 2010, Nadav Har'El wrote:

> For years, I've been wondering: How do other Unix or Linux users do simple
> calculations?

I use `bc -l`.  I've been using it for so long now that I can't remember
exactly what clued me into needing `-l`, though I have a vague
recollection of a friend of mine telling me about it.  I agree that having
anything other than `-l` as the default is rather nuts.  I've been typing
`bc -l` for solong that to not type `-l` is an effort.

Geoff.