What's inside the evrit reader?

sara fink sara.fink at gmail.com
Sun May 30 15:48:20 IDT 2010

2010/5/30 Hetz Ben Hamo <hetzbh at gmail.com>

>  Hi,
>
> Evrit is indeed a Linux device, but it had a very very stritct DRM. I think
> I heard from someone "inside" NDS that the DRM is built inside the kernel as
> a module. Not sure though, just a rumor I heard.

I am not sure about drm built in the kernel, but if it's built as a module,
what's the problem to do rmmod module-name?

Provided that somehow it's possible to get root and shell to the device.

Besides, I wouldn't buy a ereader with wifi. Just a reminder, kindle (by
amazon) and they deleted automatically from users the book 1984. They can do
the same to evrit.