What's inside the evrit reader?

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Mon May 31 21:06:36 IDT 2010

On May 31, 2010, at 8:47 PM, Elazar Leibovich wrote:

> The main trick about the e-books that everyone seems to miss, is the
> e-ink technology. From my own experience, the e-reader's screen is
> much more comfortable to the eyes.

e-ink is realtivley common and cheap. Last fall a US magazine had an e-
ink cover. In order for the batteries to last long enough to be of any
use, the finished magazines were stored and ship under refrigeration.

It is very slow, you can't use them for watching video, and if you are
a fast reader, you may find that the change is annoying if you "flip"
pages.

How comfortable and LED/LCD screen is depends upon how it i adjusted.
Some LED screens are difficult to use or read. The one on my MSI Wind,
is fine, even for many hours a day.

Geoff.

--
geoffrey mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Jerusalem Israel geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge
or understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the
situation. i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found
in the Wikipedia.