Linux bridge don't see nemesis injected packages to eth0 or eth1

Kfir Lavi lavi.kfir at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 19:52:58 IST 2010

Hi,
I want to use nemesis for testing my ebtables, iptables behavior,
injecting packages via a script and check the results.
Apparently br0 don't see locally injected packages to eth0 or eth1.
My setup is a simple bridge br0 that have eth0 and eth1.
Using this two lines inside a script, I'm creating arp request in eth0
and arp reply in eth1.
nemesis arp -v -d eth0 -S $SRC -D $DST -h $SRC_MAC
nemesis arp -v -r -d eth1 -S $DST -D $SRC -h $DST_MAC -m $SRC_MAC

If I run those commands in the bridge locally, I will see each packet
(tcpdump -i ethX) in the interface ethX, but not on the bridge br0.
If I run this command from another computer in the lan, I do see this
2 arp packets at br0 and eth0 and eth1.
So the bridge do forward the arp packets, but just if they are created
outside of the bridge machine.

Is it possible to generate traffic inside the bridge that br0  could see?

Regards,
Kfir