Linux on the Asus 1005PG

Dov Grobgeld dov.grobgeld at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 10:12:01 IST 2010

Don't know how relevant it is but Fedora 12 works almost perfectly on Asus
EEEpc 1005HA which I bought about a year and a half ago.  I don't remember
the exact details any more (I really should keep a journal on any
configuration changes I make), but I think that I had to recompile a module
for Wireless and I also have had some problems with wifi being lost on
resume, but it that too is working now.

Something working less than perfect is 3D graphics, and I get lots of
artifacts when trying to view solid objects. It is also very slow on 3D.
Perhaps that has been fixed in later versions. I should reinstall.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Regards,
Dov