Awful Bandwidth from Most Sites on Bezeqint - What can I do about it?

shimi linux-il at shimi.net
Thu Oct 14 00:10:52 IST 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 12:03 AM, Shlomi Fish <shlomif at iglu.org.il> wrote:

> On Wednesday 13 October 2010 23:04:55 geoffrey mendelson wrote:
> > On Oct 13, 2010, at 10:47 PM, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > > Can anyone help me shed any light on this problem?
> >
> > Traffic shaping? Did you try it at 6am or 1am?
>
> No, I did not. I'm usually not awake at 6am, and usually go to bed before
> 1am.
> Are there traffic shaping schemes that limit the speed on a single TCP
> connection and not the entire bandwidth? (Which in prozilla's case may
> consist
> of several connections to the same host.)

QoS products today can do any combination you can think of.

Side of testing and seeing for yourself, you really can't know. (usually the
QoS policy is not equal to all users, and the choice of users ISPs apply
different QoS rules on is voodoo at best...)

You don't really need 6am, 10am is also OK to verify such thing.

Might be a new policy to convert everyone to "Private NGN" so they pay a few
more shekels? :) (other ISPs did it in the past so you'll add money to join
the "gamers" package. a.k.a. "the we screw you less with out QoS"
package...)

-- Shimi