Awful Bandwidth from Most Sites on Bezeqint - What can I do about it?

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 05:42:22 IST 2010

On Oct 14, 2010, at 12:03 AM, Shlomi Fish wrote:

> On Wednesday 13 October 2010 23:04:55 geoffrey mendelson wrote:
>> On Oct 13, 2010, at 10:47 PM, Shlomi Fish wrote:
>>> Can anyone help me shed any light on this problem?
>>
>> Traffic shaping? Did you try it at 6am or 1am?
>
> No, I did not. I'm usually not awake at 6am, and usually go to bed
> before 1am.
> Are there traffic shaping schemes that limit the speed on a single TCP
> connection and not the entire bandwidth? (Which in prozilla's case
> may consist
> of several connections to the same host.)

012 traffic shapes that way from around 3pm until 3am. Full speed for
about 1-2 megabytes (I don't really have been able to figure out the
exact number) and then it goes down to about 10% of the line's
capability. Multiple connections all get limited.

I wish I had a serial multiple connection downloader, i.e. it
downloads a megabyte, closes the connection, waits 10 seconds and
downloads another, until the full file is downloaded.

Meanwhile when the latest Ubuntu came out, I was able to download 4 CD
ROM images at full speed at 9pm.

You can easily test it:

cat "wget url" | at 03:00

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
To help restaurants, as part of the "stimulus package", everyone must