Open Information

Steve G. wordz2u at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 17:03:08 IST 2010

This message is about information neutrality and openness, which I find to
be parallel to open source vs. walled garden approach.

I find the attitude of Facebook towards my information distressing. While
they have no problem sharing my personal data with marketers, app
developers, and strategic partners, which is bad enough, they now limit
access to my data that I DO wish to share to BING, but not to Google or
other engines.

I wrote express my opinion about it here,
http://www.words2u.net/pmwiki/?n=Opinion.FreeMyFacebookInfo , and have also
started a Facebook group to convince Facebook to change their practices:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_112921682105482&ap=1

You are all invited to read/join and express your opinion on the matter,
which to me is just as important as net neutrality or free access to code.

Thanks,

Z.

--
Check out my web site - www.words2u.net