CPU & RAM in a storage box

Etzion Bar-Noy ezaton at tournament.org.il
Fri Sep 10 13:33:40 IDT 2010

Linux LVM2 has been around for several years now. It can take and use
snapshots, and I do it for the last three or so years on *production*
 sites.
There are limitations, such as space utilization and performance, but the
most significant one is that LVM snapshots are nowhere near NetApp
snapshots. Check BTRFS or ZFS for such behavior.

Ez