capslock mysteriously reversed once in a while

Beni Cherniavsky-Paskin cben at users.sf.net
Wed Sep 15 00:07:21 IST 2010

2010/9/14 Elazar Leibovich <elazarl at gmail.com>

> I'm using capslock to switch between hebrew and English.
>
> Once in a while the capslock key is reversed, and when I switch back to
> English, everything I'm writing is in caps.
> The only workaround I found is disabling the Hebrew language, and adding it
> again.
>
> *Shift+CapsLock* toggles the caps functionality if you use CapsLock to
switch layout.
I tend to occasionally press them together by mistake; I guess that's what
happened to you.
If you'd rather supress it entirely (who wants to SHOUT anyway?), the
following command seems to do the trick:

xmodmap -e "remove lock = Caps_Lock"

(you should arrange it to run on every login)

I fist thought it is manifestation of this

Beni Cherniavsky-Paskin <cben at users.sf.net>