[OT?] Hebrew on Samsung Galaxy S android phone? Root'ing android?

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 04:15:49 IST 2010

On 21 September 2010 00:21, Shlomi Loubaton <shlomister at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Amos Shapira <amos.shapira at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'll just wait to see if 2.2 for my phone is available
>> on the 23rd, as the rumor says.
>>
> Why not just use CyanogenMod?
> I have a feeling it has become standard de-facto for rooted devices..
> http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Samsung_Galaxy_S

I might do this one day but:
1. It's an extra hassle which could brick my phone - I need my phone
up now while we expect a baby and my entire team is snowed under at
work.
2. root'ing and (as of last night) installing the Hebrew fonts and a
soft keyboard solved 99% of the problems I had so far.

Thanks,

--Amos