CPU & RAM in a storage box

Nadav Har'El nyh at math.technion.ac.il
Tue Sep 28 13:18:15 IST 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010, ronys wrote about "RE: CPU & RAM in a storage box":
> For Linux-friendliness, I don't think that you can find something better
> than  <http://rsync.net/> http://rsync.net/, but I'd be happy to be proven
> wrong. Note that they have discounts for Open Source developers. Disclaimer:
> I have never used their products, and I am not associated with them in any
> way.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll look into it. Their price is a bit of
a turn-off, though - at $0.80 GB/mo, backing up 20 GB costs $16 a month,
while the same amount of storage on Google (where I back up all my digital
photos) costs me 40 cents a month. With the other service mentioned earlier,
the price is $5 per month for unlimited storage, so in theory I could back
up a terabyte of movies for the same price (of course, it would probably take
a year to upload a terabyte ;-)).

I wonder what is rsync.net's discount for open source developers ;-)

Maybe I should back up my photos to one place (Picasa Web, at $5 per 20GB per
year and a fantastic web interface to view and share these backed up photos)
and the rest of the content - not more than 7 GB (rsync.net's minimum) to
rsync.net...

--
Nadav Har'El                        |     Tuesday, Sep 28 2010, 20 Tishri 5771