[Job Offer] Red Hat Israel needs a Lab Admin

Dan Kenigsberg danken at cs.technion.ac.il
Wed Sep 29 20:47:47 IST 2010

Do you want to administer RHEL6 for the people who develop it?
https://careers.redhat.com/ext/detail?redhat6071 might be a job for you.

Besides of that opening, Red Hat Israel is looking for bright software
engineers, with deep Linux/Unix system knowledge (RHCE is a plus), preferably
with Python experience. Red Hat is always interested in exceptional kernel
experts, too.

You may send CVs to me off-list (but I cannot promise an answer to each CV).

Regards,

Dan.

--

Lab Admin
Job ID: 6071

Job Summary

Engineering Operations is currently seeking a System Administrator
with 3-5 years experience to support our engineering lab in Ra'anana.
The primary role is to maintain the development and test environment
for the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) product line.

Special Job Conditions: Must be able to move and install computer
equipment weighing approximately 25 Kilograms.

Primary Responsibilities:
* Maintain all aspects of a lab of over 200 servers
* Research and purchase lab hardaware
* Install server and storage equipment
* Configure networks
* Build virtualization environments
* Troubleshoot system and network issues
* Provide hardware, OS, and application support for engineers (or "Work closely
* with developers to assist in their daily work")
* Collaborate on projects with a geographically diverse team of admins

Required Skills & Experience:

* Windows server administration including Active Directory
* Administration of other operating systems such as Linux, Solaris
* Common infrastructure protocols: DNS, DHCP, LDAP, Kerberos, NIS
* Virtualization technologies, especially RHEV
* SAN and NAS technologies such as Fibre Channel, iSCSI, NFS, RAID
* Networking techologies from the physical layer through STP, VLANs,
and complex routing
* Database administration with Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL
* Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (shell/Python/Perl)
* Ability to read and interpret English language technical documents.
* Ability to speak business level English.
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.