Linux has won!

Ariel Biener ariel at post.tau.ac.il
Sun Apr 3 16:48:02 IDT 2011

  On 04/03/2011 02:33 PM, Nadav Har'El wrote:

Sorry for top posting. I think however that you're wrong.

As a desktop platform, Linux has not won, and that was what
your colleague was referring to. The fact Linux is embedded
into many devices, and that some of them even present a UI
to you is not irrelevant, Linux is indeed a platform that is uniquely
adept for these devices (both in terms of stability, development and most
probably in terms of licensing), however, he meant his "desktop
OS", and we're not there yet.

--Ariel

  Ariel Biener
  e-mail: ariel at post.tau.ac.il