Linux has won!

Steve G. wordz2u at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 18:27:35 IDT 2011

FWIW, I have machines running dual win7/ubuntu. I use windows for one thing
only - managing podcasts on iPads with iTunes (seems that Apple has Windows
software, but not Linux (maybe this is how they repay Windows for the
investment when Apple was going down the drain a few years ago).

For my needs, Windows is not worth the trouble. Virus checks, spyware
checks, daily updates that can sometimes take hours, it is slower to start
and shut down, slower in performance, and while it does not crash as often
as XP and NT and 2000 used to, it is not as stable as Ubuntu. The only
advantage it does seem to have is hardware compatibility.

So I have it in use 5 minutes every couple of days, and the rest is pure
Linux.

Z.

Check out my web site - www.words2u.net