Sharing only internet connectivity with wireless router

Elazar Leibovich elazarl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 11:17:24 IDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 10:26 AM, shimi <linux-il at shimi.net> wrote:

> Changing your MAC is pretty trivial...

Yeah, but guessing which MAC is in my whitelist is less so. So if an
attacker want to spoof his MAC address he has to sniff for a MAC address,
(which means he can do that only when my computer is on). I'm not familiar
with the WiFi protocol, but I'm sending the MAC only in the handshake phase
it's even harder to spoof your MAC.

I'm not trying to avoid the NSA, the attack vector I'm trying to prevent is
a random vandals. A vicious attacker can simply knock on my door and ask to
use my computer to check when his flight is leaving.