GPL as an evaluation license

Aviad Mandel aviad.mandel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 14:23:46 IDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Nadav Har'El <nyh at math.technion.ac.il>wrote:

> What if Google (just a silly hypothetical example) takes that library and
> uses it on their servers, to understand spoken commands sent over the
> network
> by their users?

Then I'll proudly add a huge banner on the project page saying "adopted by
Google". That's really the last thing I worry about. Unfortunately, a much
more realistic scenario is that the library will not be adopted by anyone
serious.

Or that I've missed something here, and potential target customers will feel
comfortable (as opposed to be able to legally)  to use the software without
the unGPL license. That why I'm asking for your advice.