rewriterule help?

shimi linux-il at shimi.net
Fri Apr 22 12:16:26 IDT 2011

2011/4/22 Hetz Ben Hamo <hetzbh at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I haven't touched for quite a long time rewriterule in apache. Could
> someone help me a bit? :)
>
> I have one domain which is hosting my blog and I'm changing the blog domain
> name, so natually I want the rewriterule to replace automatically everyone
> that comes from domain blog.hetz.biz (old domain) to vps.net.bz (new
> domain).
>
> At first I thought adding a simple ServerAlias and be done with it. It
> seems to work technically but it misses the point, I want to move
> permanently (301)
>
> I wrote this file in the conf directory (it's centos)
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ServerAdmin hetz at benhamo.org
> DocumentRoot /home/xxxx/blog
> ServerName vps.net.bz
> ErrorLog /home/xxxx/logs/vps-net_biz-error_log
> LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
> combined
> CustomLog /home/hetz/www/logs/vps-net-biz-access_log combined
>
> Options +FollowSymLinks
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteOptions Inherit
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^blog\.hetz\.biz$ [NC]
> RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://vps.net.bz/$1 [R=301,L]
> </VirtualHost>
>
> At the moment what this does is just skipping my entire blog and jumps
> directly to my personal blog.
>
> What am I missing here?

You're saying you want to apply something to the site blog.hetz.biz - but -
the configuration snippet you've pasted, deals with a different domain -
vps.net.bz (as per the ServerName directive).

Unless I am missing something very obvious - that configuration snippet is
not even supposed to have any influence on blog.hetz.biz - unless all your
domains share the same website and there's no NameVirtualHost directive on
the global configuration at all...

-- Shimi