Thunderbird mailer

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Thu Aug 4 19:52:28 IDT 2011

On 08/04/2011 07:01 PM, Moish wrote:

> Open the xpi file and change the max version in the rdf file.

I've opened the xpi and rdf files. The relevant part of the latter is:

*****
<em:targetApplication>
      <Description>
        <em:id>{3550f703-e582-4d05-9a08-453d09bdfdc6}</em:id>
        <em:minVersion>2.0</em:minVersion>
        <em:maxVersion>5.*</em:maxVersion>
      </Description>
     </em:targetApplication>
*****

TB is v5.0. BiDi seems to allow even later releases (5.*), which should
be enough without change. But I've changed that to 5.9, and refreshed
the xpi file. I thought then to install the refurbished extension by
looking for the Install button under Tools, but it is no longer there
(because now TB knows how to install extensions from the Web, and
doesn't need it).

How can I do this?

--
Stan Goodman