what was the name of the app...

Ely Levy elylevy at cs.huji.ac.il
Wed Aug 17 17:41:16 IDT 2011

Mosix does not exactly show on cpu, it lets you run a lot of instances of
the same program and then it spread it
around in the cluster/multi-cluster. The main program with mosix is the lack
of thread/shared memory support,
but beside that it's quite useful. (We use it at huji with quite a few
clusters).

2011/8/17 Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda <ladypine at gmail.com>

> Please - this view needs to be uprooted.
>
> OpenMosix was just a highly PR-ed fork of the real software, MOSIX.
> http://www.mosix.org/
> Mosix is very maintained and fully developed  by a group of researchers
> from HUJI. The latest news is that it supports sharing accelerators using
> openCL, which I find very interesting.
>
> My master thesis:) Which now became an official part of the mosix
distribution.

> Credit where credit is due.
>
> Orna

Ely