What field is used as a SCREENING number when using SIP.

Boris shtrasman borissh1983 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 13:10:07 IDT 2011

Hi ,

with plain old SS7 we send a number and fill a field -  how we got the
calling number  (Screening indicator), but what happen with SIP ?

I noticed a few practices how this data is passed (using a hint ,
P-Asserted-Identity and  Remote-Party-ID )  but I'm searching for a common
solution rather the checking all options to what should I expect when
sending a SIP message from my SER to other networks (peering).

what would be a good solution for forwarding a blocked call ?
how should i fill the the invite on my ser so I could block / unblock call ?