Thunderbird mailer

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 22:53:39 IDT 2011

Shachar, your mailing in mungling quoted replies. The past three
levels of quotes all came out as single gr's. I fixed them manually
below to preserve context.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 21:57, Shachar Shemesh <shachar at shemesh.biz> wrote:
>> Your previous post explaining why RLM and LRM
>> were not included was very clear,
>
> Was it? They are right there, AltGr+9 and AltGr+0. It's the other ones, RLE,
> LRE, RLO, LRO and PDF that were not included.

I did mean RLE and LRE, sorry. Had RLM or LRM been left out you would
have found me on your doorstep!

>> Where can I read the explanations? Would you mind CCing Shai with my contact
>> info? Thanks.
>
> BCCed. The explanation is in my blog, too. Read the comments on the posts at
> http://blog.shemesh.biz/?s=1452

Thank you Shachar. This is the direction things should have been going
from the beginning, I apologize that my -gisha- (approach?) was poorly
constructed.

>> I'm interested in being a productive participant. If I should make a
>> good case for including the RLM and LRM, incluuding the places to plut
>> them on the keyboard, to whom should I address it?
>
> No one. They are, already, included. If, however, you have criticism about
> something not in the proposed standard (or something that you feel should
> not be in the standard and is), my blog is the best place. If you feel you
> disagree with me about my answers, I believe we will be able to arrange for
> an invite to the next meeting as well. In any case, as soon as the
> standard's text is finalized and gone past editing, it will be published for
> community review (the official part). At that point you will be able to file
> objections and comments formally. Like I said before, I intend to try and
> change the "no touching level 2" decision myself at that point.

Thank you. Your engagement of the community is vitally important and
well appreciated.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il