MySQL / PostgreSQL limitation

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 06:09:35 IDT 2011

On 23 August 2011 12:01, guy keren <choo at actcom.co.il> wrote:

> did you first try to isolate what is causing your troubles? i.e. is it
> indeed related to disk wait times? or the CPUs choke? or perhaps it's a
> RAM problem? it's not always simple to know where the bottleneck is, and
> if you fix it - how soon until you hit the next bottleneck (e.g. you
> could have I/O problems, and when lifting them - immediately run into
> memory problems or CPU problems). without knowing what your problems it
> - you're too likely to spend time and money on a solution that won't
> help you at all.

I left these questions to our database experts and external support (Fujitsu
Australia provides paid PostgresQL support by PostgresQL core contributors:
http://www.fastware.com.au/index.html). I trust that they looked (and still
looking) at all the possibilities.

I just run the operations and support this from the sidelines.

--Amos