MySQL / PostgreSQL limitation

Tom Goren tom at tomgoren.com
Tue Aug 23 10:44:53 IDT 2011

+1 Shimi
And my 2c:

Short answer: depends

Long answer: depends, and get a DBA, because a large site like you describe,
that has already invested a lot, and is about to invest more in some monster
server, should probably invest a bit more in an expert before their whole
operation slows down to a halt, due to horrendous queries - no matter
how monstrous the machine.

Sorry there isn't an easier answer,

Tom