Silly Debian E-mail question

Omer Zak w1 at zak.co.il
Mon Dec 19 23:20:10 IST 2011

I have two PCs in a LAN.  One PC has Debian Squeeze installed on it, and
the other - Debian Wheezy.
The Debian Squeeze PC has regular Internet access.
The Debian Wheezy PC is blocked from sending E-mail to the Internet.

I need to report a bug in Debian Wheezy.
I ran reportbug on the blocked PC.
Of course, it cannot send E-mail directly to the Debian bug tracking
system.  I used the appropriate option to save the bug report as a file.
The file is ready for transmission to my ISP's SMTP server - it has all
the appropriate headers and MIME encodings etc.

The problem:
How to actually send the file?
If I use my regular E-mail client (Evolution), and attach the bug report
to my message, Debian BTS does not accept it.
I have also mutt and bsd-mailx installed but I don't know if and how to
use them to send the file.

What should I RTFM in order to find how to actually send the file?

The reportbug file begins as follows.

>> From: Omer Zak <w1 at zak.co.il>
>> To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit at bugs.debian.org>
>> Subject: aptitude: Misreporting of DL Size
>> Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 19:30:09 +0200
>>
>> This is a multi-part MIME message sent by reportbug.

>> Package: aptitude

Thanks,
--- Omer

--
You haven't made an impact on the world before you caused a Debian
release to be named after Snufkin.

I may be affiliated in any way.