Amazon Kindel

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Thu Feb 3 20:48:59 IST 2011

On 03/02/2011, at 13:30, Amichai Rotman wrote:

> Hello all,
> Any of you got the Amazon Kindel?
> I was thinking of buying one (the WiFi $140 model) and was wondering if it's
> a good idea.
> The eVrit reader seems to be total waste of money - 900 NIS for 50% of the
> features and power...
> I'd appreciate your input.

I got a Kindle for my birthday, and I'm coming to like it very much.  I'm an avid reader, and I estimate I've gone through close to a hundred books on it since October.  I admit I still refer paper, but the convenience of the Kindle plus the ability to have any book any time is fantastic.  The only drawback is that I'm shomer shabbat, so I still need paper books.

Also, carrying PDFs of manuals or handbooks to a worksite is a major bonus.

I haven't tried Hebrew on it yet, so can't report as to that functionality or lack.

All in all, I'd say it's worth it.

sambo