IPv6

Uri Even-Chen uri at speedy.net
Fri Feb 4 10:09:15 IST 2011

Hi everyone,

I read Google's tweet "IPv6 marks the next chapter in the history of
the Internet" [http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/ipv6-marks-next-chapter-in-history-of.html],
and I would like to know what are the consequences of IPv6. I have
websites and domain names, but currently I think they work with IPv4
and not IPv6. Will they change them to IPv6? Will I have to change DNS
settings for my domain names? And when will this happen?

What happens to people whos systems don't support IPv6? Will they not
be able to view IPv6 websites or send/receive email from IPv6 users?
Or is it backwards compatible with IPv4? Will the DNS system all
change to IPv6?

Best regards,
Uri Even-Chen
Mobile Phone: +972-50-9007559