secure/ssl vpn in linux with phone clients

ik idokan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 00:20:50 IST 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 17:42, Ori Berger <linux-il at orib.net> wrote:

> ik wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm looking for an open source VPN that is secure (such as ssl vpn that
>> arrive with openvpn) but also have clients for cellular phones including
>> iPhone.
>> OpenVPN as far as I know have support for all cellular phones except
>> iPhone (unless you know any non jailbreak based clients for it).
>>
>> The Cellular phones that I require support for are:
>> 1. Symbian,
>> 2. iPhone,
>> 3. Android
>> 4. Blackberry
>> 5. Windows mobile :(
>>

> I know Windows Mobile and iPhone support a PPTP VPN. I can vouch for the
> iPhone implementation - it works flawlessly. This connects to my Ubuntu 8.04
> server, which I set up for this more than two years ago and did not even
> touch once since.
>
> The pptp server is libre/free/open source.

The problem with pptp is that it has a very weak encryption and it
usually depends on what the client side supports rather then what the server
side support as far as I understand from reading about it.

Ido
LINESIP - Opening the source for communication
http://www.linesip.com
http://www.linesip.co.il